Recently I’m into another a-not-so otome game from Voltage.inc called フェイク~芸能界は全員嘘つき~ (read: Feiku-Geinoukai wa Zen’in Usotsuki, rough translation: ‘Fake: all entertainer are a liar‘). This game being promoted as a continuation from Liar: Uncover the Truth!
this game is being introduced in March 2017. At first, I had a very bad impression toward this game because they’re still on development (of course, they’re just released.)
Better for you not to download this game except you’re the strong on, Especially about hold your desire to spend some money only for an item, and can read Japanese because the game is in Japanese
WARNING: SPOILER INSIDE, DON’T OPEN THIS IF YOU HATE BEING SPOILED ABOUT THIS GAME
Well, where should i start a-not-so-review-by-zahra?
Year Released: Around March 2017.
Rating: 17+ (based on apple store rating: Frequent /Intense Mature/Suggestive themes, Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or Reference, Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity. As for me: and a super glamour-night-life-society)
I won’t explain how to play this game because this game is a bit complex compared to Doubt although they are from the same developer or as the continuation of Doubt Series but on different apps(read: a bit too lazy). They have same apps visual and contents for the main stories, such as Find Friend, Talk Time, Prologue, Investigation, and accusation session, but the differences are GACHA, work, main story bonus after clearing the stage, and event story that we can read even after the event ended.
As per character, I still prefer Doubt/Liar MC because she’s the most badass MC than other MC from Voltage.inc. The MC from Fake is a bit plain and has a similar trait (and appearance) from another Voltage.inc (e.g: can cook, so-an-ideal-woman-as-a-bride-to-be), something that makes her a bit different from usual Voltage’s MC is her ‘my pace’ trait, a bit air-headed, and the way she did accusation. Most of the male characters’ trait is ou-usual-otome-game-boys, really different with Doubt. What I can say, this is a combination from My Forged Wedding: Party and Doubt/Liar with an upgrade features.
Design of the character… well, a bit different with doubt but they still have a similarity. (fake has a ‘glamour’ nuance compared with doubt lol)
After all of that explanation, what does make you play this game?
The answer is simple: THEY HAD A COLLABORATION EVENT (DOUBT X FAKE)
When I saw the campaign from their each twitter account, “OMG DOUBT HAS SHIGA WHILE FAKE HAS YUIKAWA. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG” *BRICKED*
I didn’t really into their Collaboration in Doubt because the story is kinda… maaa maaa futsuu lol, yet it’s fun to see the MC on this story. Like a dream in a dream. What does make still playing this event is: SHIGA SOUTAROU!
HE’S BEING AN IKEMEN-DOCTOR-TV-PERSONALITY(HOW TO SAY THIS PROPERLY!?)
HOW CAN SHIGA-SAN GOT INTO THE PUB WHILE HE CAN’T HANDLING ALCOHOL DRINKS!?
From Fake side: (my highlight)
my real reason to play this game is……. I want to see Doubt Characters that appeared in Fake gacha…. and the answer is
KURONO ASANO x Morisu Tatsuya
SHIGA SOUTAROU x Konno Mitsuhiko
YUIKAWA ITARU x Kichise Yuiichiro
MIYATA REINA x Kiryuu Kenji
SHIJOU KEISUKE x Kariya Hitoshi
Shijou with Kariya!? OMG Shijo looks cool on DJ sets and he wore Kariya’s clothes, which is errrrrr…… (but I didn’t get this item and forgot to screenshot the pic)
Yuikawa and Kichise… they had the same pose on the main story and kind of being loved easily with another person. Especially the children.
MIYATA REINA and Kiryuu… wait… Oresama x Namaiki. This is kind of Tsukkomi-Boke type actually.
Kurono and Morisu. A bit weird combination but fun at the same time because of 180 degrees of character traits.
You just talking only fake and doubt collaboration event.
Let me write my impression toward this game (serious!)
- The introduction/prologue is VERY LONG! need to read this in two days because of this and that
- MC didn’t make me a very strong impression. that’s why I almost give up with this game at first
- a bit harem story but with no romance, neutral story. only a bit of romantic hints.
- even the mob characters (on gacha) had their own name and a bit story with MC, except for the normal gacha, only the name.
- I cannot ship the MC with the boys here. IDK why but what I can say, I guess the main pair in fake is MC with Kiryuu.
- this game gives me some imagination toward the real entertainment world. the truth is FULL OF SCANDAL. I knew a bit about Japanese showbiz is full of scandals, but didn’t know that it IS THAT SCARY AND REALLY AFFECTED for the artist’s daily life
- Gacha. gacha. and gacha.
- you can get this game officially in Indonesia, as long you’re an iPhone user (they’re available in Indonesian store). for android user, you must download the apk first.
what I like about fake is:
- the event story can be read even after the event is ended.
- you have a lot of stories that you can read *T&C applies
- we can get the same bonus not only after the first time playing the main story.
- the story is kind of neutral, I assumed the boys who want to try otome game can play this. (the main plot is a bit different with Doubt. we can learn about the showbiz world that full of fakeness. that’s why the title is Fake) but please note the artwork is so shoujo-ish. boys, take your own risk
what i hate from this game:
YUIKAWA’S ARTWORK HUHUHU 😭I PREFER HIM ON DOUBT STYLE!
okay. that’s all from me!